My Still Sunday | Weekly Inspiration is now closed.
There's an online class for pretty much EVERYTHING.
In fact, I've signed up and 'taken' more than I can count....
If you are finding yourself here... perhaps thinking...
another class? really...... ??
Stick with me.
I'm guessing something about the words or image you clicked from....spoke to you.
Perhaps, like me, your life (at times) feels a little out of control....Maybe you love a pretty still and long to learn more.
or... Maybe you've fallen off track and want to get back to your art.
Almost by accident....and over time....I discovered still life photography is my meditation.
it has and continues to.... pull me through the darkness.
When I am making and taking my stills...I am calm, I am peaceful, I am happy....
this seems to shine through in my photos.
Could you use a little calm and stillness in your life?
Are you drawn to still life photos?
Are you willing to gift yourself a little time each week, to be, see and create?
Listen in below....
What is My Still Sunday | Weekly Inspiration?
It is an independent, still-centrique (i think i made that word up?) online class presented in a private online classroom.
16 weeks of encouragement to slow down, BE, breathe and grow your art.
Weekly lessons. centered around still life photography tips, tricks and inspiration, including ideas for finding the light, styling your photos and capturing your own unique stills.
This is a self-study course. There will be no homework, class link-ups or requirements to share your work.
Students will be encouraged to schedule a little time each week to BE in stillness, find the light, create and/or capture a beautiful quiet still.
- camera (smart phone to dslr) and a basic understanding of how to use it.
- a solid internet connection to watch video content.
- a desire to create a little calm and capture beautiful still life photos.
- Optional: editing software such as lightroom or smart phone apps of your choose.
Registration is Closed
Why…. My Still Sunday | Weekly Inspiration?
I host the weekly, #mystillsundaycompetition hashtag on Instagram. People from around the globe share their still sunday moments each week.
My Still Sunday seems the perfect theme for this class, and Sunday seems the perfect day to send out the weekly inspiration.
As an artist and an introvert….Quiet fills me up….. inspires…..keeps me creating……I NEED it.
I think we all could use a little more quiet in our lives.
My hope .....
My Still Sunday will inspire you to put yourself on the list, take some time to just be, see and grow as an artist and with time (and a little patience)....You will learn to embrace the full process of mindful creativity.
GROWing as an artist....as you go.
In solitude …. inspiration awaits......In quiet….. ideas flow…..
Class begins November 8th.
I think November is the perfect time to mindfully take time for stillness and creativity.
November seems (for many of us) a crazy, busy, stressful time of year...but ....
a lot of that stress is self-imposed.
What if we carved out a little time each week to simply be? Pencil it in, like a meeting or holiday party?
Wouldn't it be nice to close off the year and move into 2016 with a sense of peace and creative purpose rather than feeling completely done in?
Class starts November 8th and will run for 16 weeks.
Class Content will Include
- Each Sunday for 16 weeks, a new lesson will appear in the private classroom.
- Every week I will remind you to schedule your be-still... then...make-art time.
- tips, tricks and suggestions for making stills (including behind the scenes photos and videos).
Content will vary each week.
- personal reflections from my creative journey via video or written words.
- a weekly prompt or inspirational note to take with you into the new week.
- Content will be a mix of inspiration, along with still life photography tips & techniques.
This Class is for You if.....
- You love still life photography, but you've lost your mojo? your inspiration? your spark? This could be your reStart.
- You have a camera and a desire to capture and create calm through still life photography.
Smart Phone, Point & Shoot or DSLR cameras are all welcome. Students are encouraged to make the most of their camera of choice.
- You wish to honour your creativity by making time each week to.... find stillness, reflect and create beauty through the process of still life photography.
Still life is an amazing way to learn and grow as a photographer. Stillness removes the rush, allowing more time to think about your process, the settings, the light.
If you are drawn to still life, you have a camera and a desire to learn and grow in your photography, then yes, this is for you. All levels welcome.
I will share a little editing inspiration, both in Lightroom and inside my favourite smart phone apps. But it will not be our focus or a requirement.
If you find yourself caught up in the race, comparison, or that awful feeling of not enough, then yes this is for you.
This class is NOT for you if you are interested in a more technical DSLR or editing course. (Check out the Studio|Online. ) (coming soon).
Students will be invited to share in the #mystillsundaycompetition hashtag, but it is NOT a requirement.
The Registration Process | Step by Step
- Hit the BUY NOW button below. This will take you to the paypal checkout form. If you do not have a paypal account select the 'don't have a paypal account' option on the check out page. This will allow you to sign up using your credit card.
- Once your order is processed you will receive a link to register on the site, and an order receipt (along with a little welcome note from me).
- Lessons begin November 8th and will post weekly at 12pm CST (each Sunday).
Questions? please feel free to contact me.
Registration is closed.
Courses are priced in USD.
Your currency is automatically converted and reflected on the checkout page.