up-level your styling
with ‘unique to you’ canvas backdrops
Styling feeling a little blah… unoriginal?
Need a little creative pick me up?
Set your inner-artist free… and let’s make some magic.
A few months back….. I felt a pull to roll up my sleeves and make a mess…
(not my usual mess of fallen petals…..props and drops…….)
I pulled out my paints…… some brushes (just a few)
and made some time… making super cool canvas backdrops….
You may or may not know……
before I dove deep into still photography….. I was a licensed artist….. in the print and gift industry…..
from there I transitioned to photography and digital painted textures.
I have to say….
These backdrops have truly changed my photography, scene styling….and studio space.
These canvas pieces are not just photography backdrops…..
They are works of ART.
MAKE is a brand new course….
I’m beyond excited to dive deep teaching you to create your own one of a kind photography backdrops.
We will Explore …. In Detail
- color palettes
- tips and tricks
- secrets and surprises
- endless possibilities for making unique to you backdrops
We’re all seeking to make our photography individual.
Your ART transforming your styling…. like only YOU can.
- up level your photography
- set your styling apart
- transform your space
- renew your creativity
- because you can
Why not roll up your sleeves…let your inner artist out…. and make a mess.
There’s something so freeing about ‘making.’
There are no mistakes…. Trust me… You got this.
If I can make these… you can too! I mean… why not!
Seriously….these canvas backdrops have changed everything for me.
- Paint and a few extras
- basic brushes
- a desire to make, create and get a little messy
Class begins July 24th
– space to create with proper ventilation
– floor covering (vinyl, plastic… anything to protect your work surface)
– canvas or similar heavy fabric
– assorted acrylic craft or house paint
– glue, gesso, textile mediums – assorted art supplies optional (use what you have).
– assorted brushes, rollers and paint trays
– spill rags, rubber gloves, painting clothes
Seriously, there’s no need to buy a whole bunch of new or expensive art supplies. A more detailed supply list will be provided a few days before class begins.
On the Wall & On the Floor
Course Outline | Over the Course of 5 Weeks
– beginnings and possibilities
– exploring the canvas and fabric materials best suited ~ size and weight
– choosing the right supplies for the best results ~ paint brands, paint brushes, rollers and trays
– clearing space to work
– clean up time is a breeze
- Make | A Basic Black Canvas
– let’s get messy and learn how to make!
– step by step techniques to creating a basic canvas backdrop
– set up work space
– prepare canvas and fabric for paint
– how to apply and achieve desired effects with various techniques
– the sky is the limit with this base backdrop
– tips on painting, hanging and all the uses
- Make | A Coloured Canvas
– choosing the colour for your style and space
– adding depth to your art through layers of colour
– shade on shade
– rolling, splatting, wet brushing, dry brushing will be your friends
– creating a reversible piece
– exploration of reversing colour | starting light and starting dark
- Make | A Layered Canvas
– let’s get super creative
– creating depth using multi mediums and using what you have!
– adding layers beyond paint
- Make | A Stencilled Canvas
– a whole new level emerges when stencilling techniques are applied
– complete steps to creating subtle stencil art on your canvas backdrop
– a live webinar review of everything covered in Make | Canvas Photography Backdrops including an open Q&A session.
Class Begins July 24th
Introductory Price $99 USD
All Courses priced in USD. Your currency is automatically converted and reflected on the checkout page.
Please note: Class is non-refundable after the start date.