up-level your photo styling
with ‘unique to you’ canvas backdrops
Styling… feeling a little blah… unoriginal even?
Finding it difficult to stand out from the crowd?
Set your “inner-artist free”… and make some beautiful canvas backdrops.
Why MAKE | BACKDROPS
Last year….. I felt a pull to roll up my sleeves and make a mess…
(and not my usual …. fallen petals…..props and drops…….)
I rolled out some canvas, pulled out the paints…grabbed my brushes…
and got to work making some beautiful canvas backdrops…
In my ‘former life’…
I was a licensed artist in the print and gift industry…from there I transitioned to photography, then digital textures…..
then still life and styling…
These backdrops have transformed my space, my photography and my styling.
No artistic experience required.
All the tips, tricks and creative techniques I’ve used to MAKE | BACKDROPS
- color palettes
- tips and tricks
- secrets and surprises
- endless possibilities for making (unique to you) backdrops
We’re all seeking to make our photography unique.
Imagine…Your ART transforming your STYLING…
with these each unique one-of-a-kind backdrops.
Why join Make?
- up-level your photography styling
- stand out from the (oversaturated) crowd using ‘all the same’ backdrops
- transform your creative space
- set your inner-artist free … renew your creativity
- because you can
There’s something so freeing in this make process.
No rules. No Mistakes. You’ve got this.
- Paint and a variety of artsy supplies.
- basic brushes
- a desire to make, create and get a little messy
Upon registration, you will receive
Immediate Access to the Entire MAKE | BACKDROPS class.
(24 months access)
$97 (includes the style.shoot.edit BONUS course | details below)
– space to create with proper ventilation
– floor covering (vinyl, plastic… anything to protect your work surface)
– canvas or similar heavy fabric
– assorted acrylic craft or house paint
– glue, gesso, textile mediums – assorted art supplies optional (use what you have).
– assorted brushes, rollers, and paint trays
– spill rags, rubber gloves, painting clothes
Seriously, there’s no need to buy a whole bunch of new or expensive art supplies. A more detailed supply list will be provided upon sign up.
On the wall, on the floor, on display
- 1 | Prep, Supplies & Let’s Make an Essential Backdrop
– beginnings and possibilities
– exploring the canvas and fabric materials best suited ~ size, weight and options
– choosing the right supplies for the best results ~ paint brands, paint brushes, rollers and trays
– let’s get messy and learn how to make!
– step by step techniques to creating a basic canvas backdrop
– set up a workspace
– prepare canvas and fabric for paint
– lessons learned from making our essential black backdrop
– drying tips
– the sky is the limit with this essential backdrop
- 2 | Make a Colour-blended Backdrop
– choosing color (s) for your style and space
– adding depth with layers
– shade on shade
– free-form layers are free-ing
– make a reversible backdrop (double the bang of your backdrops)
– light to dark and dark to light applications
- 3 | Make a Layered Backdrop
– let’s go deeper
– creating depth using multiple mediums and using what you have!
– adding depth and layers beyond paint
- 4 | Make a Stencilled and Stamped Backdrop
– a whole new level emerges when stenciling techniques are applied
– complete steps to creating subtle stencil art on your canvas backdrop
- 5 | Live Wrap-Workshop Replay
– a recording of a live MAKE class review of the Make | Backdrops lessons, including a Q&A session. (and bonus tips)
- 6 | Oil Pastels and Adding Details
– add even more depth and detail with this final Make lesson using oils, textile and hardware. Amazing.
with ‘your’ MAKE backdrops
$49 value (free when you sign-up for MAKE)
the class includes a basic review of styling, shooting and editing with your MAKE backdrops.
along with 3 start to finish photo MAKE | BACKDROP photos shoots…using my style.shoot.edit process.
immediate access will be accessible from your course dashboard upon registration.
Always in the ‘right light’
what previous students are saying
For a long time I had admired the beautiful backdrops in Kim’s Instagram gallery, so I was delighted to be able to sign up for her online course. Kim has a very relaxed, inspiring teaching style, and it was a real creative escape to experiment and create my own backdrops. I now have a versatile selection of backdrops which I use all the time in my still life photography, and I am looking forward to playing with more colour next. I highly recommend Kim’s course, whether you want to step up your styling and photography or just have some fun experimenting with colours and texture, it’s a brilliant way nourish your creative soul!”
I really enjoy making the backdrops and Kim’s enthusiasm makes it fun. The backdrops have added a new dimension for my photos. I didn’t have the best walls and the backdrops give me a way to use them better. My big backdrops are a must but I love the small grey one also. It can be used so many ways. My next project is going to be a white one. Can’t wait to get started.”
Register today for IMMEDIATE access to MAKE | BACKDROPS & the bonus style.shoot.edit workshop.
$97 USD (includes the early-bird BONUS style.shoot.edit course)
All Courses priced in USD. Your currency is automatically converted and reflected on the checkout page.
(Please note: Due to the digital content and immediate access course fees are non-refundable)