up-level your photo styling
with ‘unique to you’ canvas backdrops
let’s get a little messy and make some backdrops
Styling… feeling a little blah… unoriginal even?
Finding it difficult to stand out from the crowd?
Why not set your “inner-artist free”… and make some beautiful canvas backdrops.
The Story behind MAKE | BACKDROPS
A few months back….. I felt a pull to roll up my sleeves and make a mess…
(and not my usual …. fallen petals…..props and drops…….)
I rolled out some canvas, pulled out the paints…grabbed my brushes….
and got to work making some beautiful canvas backdrops….
In my ‘former life…
I was a licensed artist in the print and gift industry…from there I transitioned to photography, then digital textures…..
then still life and styling….
These backdrops have transformed my space, my photography and my styling.
No artistic experience required.
All the tips, tricks and creative techniques I use to MAKE | BACKDROPS
- color palettes
- tips and tricks
- secrets and surprises
- endless possibilities for making (unique to you) backdrops
We’re all seeking to make our photography unique.
Imagine….Your ART transforming your STYLING….
like only YOU can.
Why ‘take’ Make?
- up-level your photos
- stand out from the (oversaturated) crowd
- transform your space
- set your inner-artist free … renew your creativity
- because you totally can
There’s something so freeing in this make process.
No rules. No Mistakes. You’ve got this.
- Paint and a variety of artsy supplies.
- basic brushes
- a desire to make, create and get a little messy
Class begins November 13th
– space to create with proper ventilation
– floor covering (vinyl, plastic… anything to protect your work surface)
– canvas or similar heavy fabric
– assorted acrylic craft or house paint
– glue, gesso, textile mediums – assorted art supplies optional (use what you have).
– assorted brushes, rollers and paint trays
– spill rags, rubber gloves, painting clothes
Seriously, there’s no need to buy a whole bunch of new or expensive art supplies. A more detailed supply list will be provided a few days before class begins.
On the Wall & On the Floor
- Unit 1 | Prep, Supplies & Let’s Make an Essential Backdrop
– beginnings and possibilities
– exploring the canvas and fabric materials best suited ~ size, weight and options
– choosing the right supplies for the best results ~ paint brands, paint brushes, rollers and trays
– let’s get messy and learn how to make!
– step by step techniques to creating a basic canvas backdrop
– set up work space
– prepare canvas and fabric for paint
– lessons learned from making our essential black backdrop
– drying tips
– the sky is the limit with this essential backdrop
- Unite 2 | Make a Colour-blended Backdrop
– choosing colour(s) for your style and space
– adding depth with layers
– shade on shade
– free-form layers is free-ing
– make a reversible backdrop (double the bang of your backdrops)
– light to dark and dark to light applications
- Unit 3 | Make a Layered Backdrop
– let’s go deeper
– creating depth using multiple mediums and using what you have!
– adding depth and layers beyond paint
- Unit 4 | Make a Stencilled and Stamped Backdrop
– a whole new level emerges when stencilling techniques are applied
– complete steps to creating subtle stencil art on your canvas backdrop
- Unit 5 | That’s a Wrap Workshop
– a live class review (there will be a recording) of the Make | Backdrops lessons, including a Q&A session. (and bonus tips)
SHOOT . STYLE . EDIT
with ‘your’ MAKE backdrops
$49 value (yours free when you register for MAKE)
tips, tricks and techniques for shooting, styling and Lightroom/ Lightroom CC Mobile editing your MAKE | BACKDROP photos.
class access, date and details will be available once class begins.
Class Begins November 13th
Once you register you will be on the class email list.
In a few days you will receive the class supply list, along with the details for the week one live intro session.
This is the last chance for intro pricing.
$99 USD (includes the
All Courses priced in USD. Your currency is automatically converted and reflected on the checkout page.
Please note: Class is non-refundable after the start date.